Berwick Netball Club commenced in 1955 as the Berwick Women's Basketball Club playing in the South West Gippsland Football League "Women's Basketball Competition" against clubs such as Beaconsfield, Lyndhurst, Hampton Park, Officer, Narre Warren, Hallam and Cranbourne. In late 1971, the Berwick Netball Club was named, moving from the Berwick Women's Basketball Club to align with the introduction of the name netball across the country in the previous year.
Berwick's home was at Buchanan Park which was renamed by Cr Bill Hudson in 1978's 'Arch Brown Reserve' in recognition of Brown's 58 years of service to the Berwick Football Club. On the 1st of July in 1979, under the leadership of President Hazel Cooke a new netball court was opened at Arch Brown Reserve by Cr Ron Irwin and was celebrated with a junior netball tournament of Under 12's and Under 14's players.
During the 1980's and the 1990's, Berwick participated in netball associations predominantly in the Dandenong and District Netball Association where there were more than 200 players. In 2000 the club moved to outdoor netball courts between the Athletics Track and the Berwick Football ground which were developed as part of the 2000 Olympics Torch Relay that visited the Reserve. 2002 saw the Berwick Netball Club join the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League (MPNFL), partnering with the Berwick Senior Football Club, re-establishing the club's participation in football/netball competition.
The club celebrated its 50th Anniversary on the 23rd of April 2005 with a function at the Berwick Football Club Social Rooms, and it's 60th Anniversary in August 2015 in similar fashion. At the conclusion of 2014, Berwick Netball Club together with other football league clubs joined and left the MPNFL to establish in the South East Football Netball League (SEFNL). Berwick Netball Club now participates in the AFL Outer East League alongside our partnered Berwick Football Club.